Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"If It's not broken, you don't need to fix it"

I've seen so many of the 120 and 88 palettes on BH Cosmetics, Ebay, Sedona and other online sites, so I decided to order one. My co-worker bought one at Bh Cosmetics and her friend already had one from Ebay, so I decided to get it from the Sedona Lace site. I also bought their brushes.







-A picture after I washed and used them.

-September Haul Time!
1. I am no expert on foundations. I believe if it's not broken, you don't need to fix it. I barely use foundations, but I'm learning about them, so I decided to try them out. I get pimples here and there and my face can get shiny, so I should try some out. Drugstore time!
- Almay Smart Shade Makeup in Light/Medium with SPF 15. I've only used it one or twice, so I'm not sure how I like it, but it's claiming that it will find my "right shade". I'm not in to foundations that have SPF, so that's probably why I haven't used it enough. Claims: Colorless makeup transforms into a shade that complements your skin tone. Skin looks smooth, even and natural. I can't remember how much I bought this for, but it was on sale at Walmart.
- Super Stay Makeup 24hr in Nude. No SPF. Claims: Withstands heat, sweat and humidity. No-transfer: won't rub off. Flexible, breathable, all-day comfort. Oil-free-Non pore clogging. Suitable for all skin types. I've used this foundation more than the Almay. I like this one, but I still need to use it longer to decide if I do. I don't think if it's for ALL skin types; it does try fast, so you have to work quickly. This was on sale at Walgreens for $6.47

2. My love for Mascaras. I am a mascara freak! (HAHA!) I finally went to Mac (it's been a couple months. I forgot to put the Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick I bought in the picture. It's ok. Everyone reviewed it I think. HAH.) Mac's Zoom Fast Black Lash was recommended from the sales person at Mac. I did not like it at first, but it's ok now. Then, I decided to get the YSL faux cils in noir radical instead of the Singulier, and I'm not sure if I like this one either. I guess I should have went straight to my normal Dior or Lancome mascara. The Zoom Lash is $14 and the YSL $30. I spend too much on mascaras. Expensive!

3. L'Oreal HiP Liner at Walmart. I really like this. This was $10. I know, I could have bought something similar and less expensive.

4. I went to Target and bought Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Concealer and E.l.f eyelashes. I'm finally getting used to putting on lashes. I thought I gave up and will never try them again. Well, I was wrong. The concealer is $9.99. The E.l.f lashes are $1.00.

-If anyone has suggestions, just leave a comment! For now, I need to stop spending!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

ohhh goodies!

CHARRY said...

Oh my the pink brush set is so cute! :)

Arienne said...

babe i hated applying falsies before but once i got used to it it was easy. I trim mine cause they tend to be too long since my eyes arent that big. so try that so it will be easier to apply.

Pop Champagne said...

I wish there is target in canada! it's such a magical store! and hehe I just got my eyelashes done with eyelashes extensions so I don't have to put on mascara anymore lol

Iyah said...

I love the pink brushes!! They look so cute!! and AHHHH! I still have my 88 coastal scents palette similar to those eyeshadows and I barely touch them.. time to play! LOL!

I rarely use foundations too but I currently have 2 foundies and some BB creams ^^ I love using BB creams more than regular foundies.